Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Here I am...a poem

Here I am, walking thru long grass
Bending and bowing under foot
The moon peaks out for a cameo
Smiling ginger light on my cheek
And as she hides behind clouds, I cry

Here I am, after all I've been through
Loved for heart and soul, for it all
The sun shines for a moment
Caressing gentle light on my arms
And as she hides behind clouds, I cry

Here I am, thinking too much again
About the future, the past
The wind dances around me
Whispering quietly in my ear
And as she hides behind clouds, I cry

Here I am, waves over my shoulder
Washing away, what I truly want
The ocean torments me
And I run away, far and farther
And as she hides behind clouds, I cry

Here I am, a womb for the world
Mother Bear pacing relentlessly
Praying to the stars
And I can't embrace it all
And as she hides behind clouds, I cry

No comments: