Thursday, February 9, 2012

Hibernation...finally woken

If you have read my blog before you will know that I left my job.  You will also know that I believe in totem animals.  And that bear is one of my totem animals, who lent me the strength to do so.  One of the lessons bear medicine teaches is hibernation.  Taking 3 months off to rest and plan before taking on a new goal. 

I was spending some time today reading over my older blog entries and came across a poem I wrote on November 9th called "Finally wakes"*, exactly 3 months ago.  It is a poem about how I felt after leaving my job.  At the time I was just beginning my journey of waking, and at the time I did not know what the outcome would be.  Today I sit here,  3 months later,  preparing to start my new job in a few days.  An amazing opportunity that balances work and life.

 During my hibernation I slept a lot. I indulged a lot. I was lazy, and read a lot. And I loved it.  Most importantly I healed, contemplated, dreamed and rediscovered myself. And in the last few weeks as my hibernation was coming to an end, I have re-awakened.  I cut back on the indulgences and started working out and eating right. I rubbed my dreamy eyes and looked to the rising sun, ready to take action to a new and exciting start!

Side bar< I'm blessed enough to write this entry on a Thursday afternoon with my son sitting in my lap...the reason why I did it all in the first place.


*Finally Wakes...a poem

Blinds open against dusty windows
Light creeps in slowly, unsure
Breezes follow blowing behind
Sheets flap then fall softly down
Against smoothing hands patting
And fluffing things into place
Collection of empty glasses taken
Waters run freely from the shower
Towels folded clean and soft, ready
Steps thump against eager stairs
House yawns and stretches awake
Mistress finally wakes again

No comments: