Monday, July 30, 2012

Gliding on the path of self awareness.

After my last post about the swan as a totem animal, or reflection of my true self and dreams of my soul, I continued my self exploration and research.  I bugged my poor husband with helping me determine if the Lion or Swan represented me more by reading the animal totem description for each from Ted Andrew's book "Animal Speak". I didn't tell him which animals I was reading, but just asked him if either or neither sounded like me. After reading both Lion and Swan, my husband said both! Hmmm, the Swan and Lion seem so opposite in so many ways but I could not deny that both represent a part of me. Although I must admit it was quite frustrating too, can't I just be simple with a simple answer?

I continued my research during my free time, being pregnant and living in Las Vegas during 100 degree summer days and working from home on a part time basis luckily allows me a lot of free time.  I came across something interesting last night. I was rereading a book I own on Kindle about numerology in an attempt to make me sleepy so I can go to bed at a reasonable hour, and realized that I posses both the Arrow of Determination and the Arrow of Spirituality in my numerology birth chart. No one else I know, my family or close friends posses these. In short, the Arrow of Determination indicates that I have willpower, confidence, organization and leadership qualities (Lion?!). Whereas the Arrow of Spirituality indicates that I have spiritual awareness, compassion, nurturing, and a peaceful demeanor (Swan?!).  It all seemed to click for me in that moment. I can be, and posses the traits of both!  Bring in to play the numbers of  Life Path and Maturity, my life path is a 1 which embodies all of the qualities of the Arrow of Determination and the Lion, and my Maturity number is  a 6 which very much embodies the characteristics of the Arrow of Spirituality and the Swan. However, as I am maturing and my life is changing I am starting to walk more the path of Spirituality than Determination.  Makes sense as I started this blog 2 years ago and was quite surprised it took a turn toward Spirituality. I also didn't want to run the rat race of ambition anymore and started putting more emphasis on my family.  I felt overwhelmed with the feeling that I need to leave the job I was in and focus more on being available more for my family, and have another baby.

As I contemplate my future I definitely see me continuing on the path of the Swan. I am no longer interested in material accomplishments and ego drives for leadership and power.  I see for myself a calm and balanced future filled with being home with my children, and eventually starting a new career that brings with it more spiritual fulfillment.  I would like to return to school and seek a path of counselor as it has always come naturally to me. A big step was starting this blog. As I went through my own self discovery and spiritual awareness, I took much joy in sharing the journey with others in the hopes of inspiring others.

Life is an amazing journey, and we are all here to learn, grow and contribute.  There are many paths to do this...astrology, numerology, yoga, meditation, reading, self reflecting, learning from adversity.
I am truly excited for the metamorphosis that is occurring, and yet to come as I keep gliding on the path of self awareness!



No comments: