Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Charging ahead with the Rhinoceros spirit guide.

As we open ourselves up spiritually to receive insight and assistance, it can be like opening the flood gates. Help will come from all over the place.  We are always surrounded by Angels and Spirit Guides who's job and pleasure is to help and assist you.  All you have to do is ask.  They can come in the forms of Angels, Loved one who have passed, or Animal spirit guides.  The more you listen and show gratitude for the help that is offered, the more you will receive!

I have awakened to the assistance of animal spirit guides almost three years ago.  I have always felt a connection with certain animals at certain times in my life,  but I did not necessarily understand why.  Although we have what's called a life time animal that walks your journey with you your entire life, we also have messenger animals that will come to us for a short time to teach us a valuable lesson. My first encounter was when I was pregnant with my first son. I dreamt of a mama bear staring at me with a human expression of pleading that kept me thinking about for a few days later. On a whim I looked up what Bear symbolism in dreams meant.  I learned that when a bear comes to you it is asking you to "take it easy" for the next three months as they do during hibernation.  This was around the time during my pregnancy that I was over exerting myself at work and was ignoring everyone telling me to "take it easy".  I didn't listen to Bear's message and ended up on bed rest a week later. I had exactly three months left in my pregnancy. I learned to listen then, and realized the powerful message that are available in dreams through animal guides!

Since then I have had many animals come to me in dreams. When I was first  transitioning to part time work and learning in many ways how to be less ambitious in career and focus more on home, I was visited by pigeon which represents focusing more on home.  When a promotion opportunity came up at my new job and I considered "lunging" for it, the black panther and snow owl visited me several times with the message to wait and watch and not to pounce just yet. For me it took a conscious effort to not fall into the old patterns of being so career and ambition focused, and I listened to my animal guides with faith and gratitude.

Last night I was visited for the first time by the Rhinoceros.  I was so excited to research this morning what new message and gift was awaiting for me from this ancient and wise animal.  In my dream I was a little bird whose wings were tied down and hidden by the place I was forced to work (funny enough it was Home Depot of all places).  I was in a wheelchair, and the boss kept me inside and out of any rain or water knowing that if I got wet my wings would untie and I would realize I can fly and am free.  As it began to rain outside one day and I was not being "monitored" by anyone I rolled my wheelchair outside into the falling rain drops. I looked up smiling and joyous.  At that moment my lover who was also a bird swooped down and grabbed me from the wheelchair and we flew away.  Later in the dream we were both captured by some sort of enemies that were insects, and taken to a cliff to be killed.  I shape shifted into a mighty Rhinoceros and escaped taking big jumps onto different rocks and columns that lay like steps leading away from the deadly cliff and my enemies.

The Rhinoceros totem brings with it many valuable lessons, such as being unassailable from any enemies and attack, and knowing when to charge when threatened. They are home bodies who enjoy being home and with family, but can be a party animal when out.  Not a social creature, they are admired for their power when among their peers.  They are very focused on the task at hand to get it accomplished. The Rhinoceros also represents ancient wisdom to know thyself and trust your inner wisdom. The Rhinoceros has a deep connection with mother earth, and will keep you grounded as you soar to higher realms of spirituality.

I can certainly make so many connections with my dream and the lessons of the Rhinoceros.
Mainly that I must continue to trust my intuition in situations, and know I will be protected from the harm of other, smaller people. Water represents emotions, therefore I need to let my emotions guide me above service or a job. That even when not visible, I always have the power and freedom to make changes and leave suppressive environments and people. And most importantly to remember to stay grounded during my spiritual explorations.

Lastly, this totem is a solar animal and with it brings escalated body heat, and finding creative ways to keep cool.  I have been complaining to my husband the last few days of feeling overheated. As I am pregnant during a Las Vegas summer with unseasonable humidity making the heat even more unbearable, I supposed I will need to explore different ways of  keeping myself cool.

We are always supported and protected by Guides and Angels during our journey through life.  Never feel alone, or believe guidance is out of your reach.  Take the time to reflect, pray and ask for assistance. Take comfort that lessons can be learned from adversity.  Remember to keep an open mind, and you will soon realize that you are forever enveloped in love, guidance and protection.


No comments: