Sunday, May 4, 2014

Love's Rebuttal..A poem

Inspiration:

Love’s Philosophy

By Percy Bysshe Shelley 
 
 
The fountains mingle with the river
   And the rivers with the ocean,
The winds of heaven mix for ever
   With a sweet emotion;
Nothing in the world is single;
   All things by a law divine
In one spirit meet and mingle.
   Why not I with thine?—

See the mountains kiss high heaven
   And the waves clasp one another;
No sister-flower would be forgiven
   If it disdained its brother;
And the sunlight clasps the earth
   And the moonbeams kiss the sea:
What is all this sweet work worth
   If thou kiss not me?



Response:

Love's Rebuttal

By me


You asked, why not I with thine
Do the mountains sigh from the river
And go too deep, to become oceans
Where am I left, too high and too deep

Nothing may be single, in this world
Mountains may kiss heaven
And sunlight kiss the oceans
Where are you and I, in all of this

To kiss you, is to imagine you
Tip toes on mountain's edge
Pursed lips reaching heaven
Do you feel that, is that sunlight

To feel you, is to sense you
Pulsating waves clasping one another
Our breath of heaven, mixing forever
Still I cry from it all, missing

Sweet emotion, is an understatement
Heart beating, without a chest
Echos in my ear, like a seashell
But I hear you, and that is enough

Will give eternal love, and soul
Promise devotion, faith above all
My heart is yours, as I am, forever
With just the saying of your name
 


No comments: